Firematic Supply Co., Inc
Job Title: Mechanic: Experienced Class A Truck Technician
Diagnose, repair and maintain fire apparatus and emergency vehicles. Perform skilled work in maintaining automotive, medium and heavy duty trucks, to include all Fire Division and Rescue (EMS) Division vehicles, including small gas engines and other associated equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair air and hydraulic brake systems. Adjust, repair and/or replace shoes, caliper, drums, rotors, cylinders, etc.
• Troubleshoot and/or replace air conditioning systems. Compressor, condenser, lines, and recover refrigerant.
• Troubleshoot and/or replace coolant systems. Radiator, hoses, heater core, belts, etc.
• Troubleshoot and/or replace electrical systems. Wiring, light bulbs, lights, switches, batteries, regulators, alternators, black box, distributors, etc.
• Troubleshoot and/or replace running gear. Drive shift, u-joints, transmissions (automatic, manual). PTO’s seals, etc.
• Troubleshoot and/or replace fuel systems. Fuel pumps, carburetors, lines, tanks, injector pumps, etc.
• Repair and/or replace body parts. Windows, regulators, door locks, related body parts, etc.
• Repair and/or replace chassis parts. Wheel bearings, steering parts, seals, etc.
• Repair misc. firefighting and EMS loose equipment. Generator, pumps, nozzles, gated wyes, hand lights, compressors, hand and hydraulic tools, etc.
• Troubleshoot, repair and/or replace fire pump apparatus pumps in accordance with NFPA testing standards. Test all pumps following repair prior to returning to service.
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance programs (A, B, C, etc.) as outlined by county, local, state, and national standards. Change filters (oil, fuel, air), lube, service batteries, cooling systems, change oil, check tires for air pressure and wear, etc.
• Change, repair, and balance tires.
• Install and assist with installing special automotive and emergency equipment including tools and other devices.
Requires skills and ability in the following in:
• Variety of standard hand tools, machines and power equipment.
• Electrical and acetylene welding tools.
• Operation of vehicles common to repair orders.
• Flexibility to work varied hours, including weekends, overtime, standby, callout or shift as needed.
Must have knowledge of Diesel engines. A/C, Electrical and Multiplexing, Transmission, Pumps, Hydraulics.
This is a FULL time position only, with overtime. Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Required rotating weekends on call, with on-call bonus.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience in automotive mechanical maintenance.
Must have or obtain class CDL B drivers license with Air Brakes
Knowledge of up-to-date methods of maintaining autos, trucks and emergency vehicles.
Knowledge of operating principles and maintenance of gasoline and diesel powered engines.
(Comparable amount of training, education, or experience may be substituted for the above minimum requirements.)
We are an Equal Opportunity employer